Centre for Extended Learning(CEL)
East Campus 3 (EC3)
195 Columbia St. W.
|Course Code||CHEM 120|
|Course Title||General Chemistry 1|
|Online Offers||No offers currently scheduled.
Last offer: Spring 2021
The stoichiometry of compounds and chemical reactions. Properties of gases. Periodicity and chemical bonding. Energy changes in chemical systems. Electronic structure of atoms and molecules; correlation with the chemical reactivity of common elements, inorganic and organic compounds. [Note: Science students must also take CHEM 120L. Successful completion of Grade 12 U Calculus and Vectors and Grade 12 U Chemistry or equivalent courses is recommended; Offered: F, W]
Typical terms may not reflect online offerings.
|Course Work and Exam||Spring 2021 course outline (note 2)|
|Special Notes||1) Science students must also take CHEM 120L. Successful completion of Grade 12 U Calculus and Vectors and Grade 12 U Chemistry or equivalent courses is required.
2) Please note, students are required to scan their assignments.
How to Register:
|Enrol In, Drop, and Swap Classes Online|
How to Register:
|How to Apply - Prospective Students|
|Fees||Tuition Fees, Financial Aid, Scholarships, and Awards|
- The Undergraduate Calendar and the Graduate Calendar are the official source for information about course details. Quest is the official source for Undergraduate and Graduate Schedule of Classes information. The offerings indicated on this site are unofficial and subject to change daily. The course instructor will provide the official course requirements and expectations at the start of term.
- If available, the example of a recent course outline is provided for general information only. It gives an overview of the course from a recent offering but it is not the course outline for the current offer and is subject to change. If you are currently taking this course, the official course outline that applies to this offer is in your online course.
- Library Requirements: Please see the online library access and Waterloo ID card information.
- For a list of any required textbooks and other materials to be purchased, go to the Waterloo BookStore.