Centre for Extended Learning(CEL)
East Campus 3 (EC3)
195 Columbia St. W.
|Course Code||FR 151|
|Course Title||Basic French 1|
For students with some elementary or secondary school French not exceeding Year Two (Grade 10 in Ontario) or equivalent. Emphasizes comprehension, grammar, and basic speaking skills.
Typical terms may not reflect online offerings.
|Course Work and Exam||Spring 2021 course outline (note 2)|
|Special Notes||1) Students registered in FR 151 who already have credit for or are presently registered in FR 152, 192A or 192B will be denied credit for FR 151.
2) A microphone is required for online oral submission components.
How to Register:
|Enrol In, Drop, and Swap Classes Online|
How to Register:
|How to Apply - Prospective Students|
|Fees||Tuition Fees, Financial Aid, Scholarships, and Awards|
- The Undergraduate Calendar and the Graduate Calendar are the official source for information about course details. Quest is the official source for Undergraduate and Graduate Schedule of Classes information. The offerings indicated on this site are unofficial and subject to change daily. The course instructor will provide the official course requirements and expectations at the start of term.
- If available, the example of a recent course outline is provided for general information only. It gives an overview of the course from a recent offering but it is not the course outline for the current offer and is subject to change. If you are currently taking this course, the official course outline that applies to this offer is in your online course.
- Library Requirements: Please see the online library access and Waterloo ID card information.
- For a list of any required textbooks and other materials to be purchased, go to the Waterloo BookStore.