Centre for Extended Learning(CEL)
East Campus 3 (EC3)
195 Columbia St. W.
|Course Code||SWREN 441R|
|Course Title||Practicum 1|
This first practicum phase helps students understand the general structure and functioning of the helping network and the place of agency-based community settings in it. Simultaneously, the students begin to integrate interviewing and assessment skills to formulate an intervention plan with sensitivity to the diversity of the setting. A bi-weekly seminar runs concurrently with the practicum.
Department Consent Required
Typical terms may not reflect online offerings.
|Course Work and Exam||(note 2)|
|Special Notes||1) A bi-weekly seminar runs concurrently with the practicum.
2) All 4th level courses offered through multimodal means include online study and mandatory on campus study.
How to Register:
|Enrol In, Drop, and Swap Classes Online|
How to Register:
|How to Apply - Prospective Students|
|Fees||Tuition Fees, Financial Aid, Scholarships, and Awards|
- The Undergraduate Calendar and the Graduate Calendar are the official source for information about course details. Quest is the official source for Undergraduate and Graduate Schedule of Classes information. The offerings indicated on this site are unofficial and subject to change daily. The course instructor will provide the official course requirements and expectations at the start of term.
- If available, the example of a recent course outline is provided for general information only. It gives an overview of the course from a recent offering but it is not the course outline for the current offer and is subject to change. If you are currently taking this course, the official course outline that applies to this offer is in your online course.
- Library Requirements: Please see the online library access and Waterloo ID card information.
- For a list of any required textbooks and other materials to be purchased, go to the Waterloo BookStore.